Do I Have Gum Disease?
Gum Disease Assessment Questions
- Has your dentist or dental hygienist ever told you that you have deep pockets?
- Do your gums bleed when you brush?
- Have you been told that you have a gum infection?
- Do you smoke tobacco products?
- Do your teeth feel loose?
- Do any of your relatives have gum problems?
- Have your gums receded or become sensitive to cold or sweets?
- Do you have diabetes or heart disease?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, you are at risk for periodontal (gum) disease and should consult a periodontist.